EforAll South Coast Announces It’s 2019 Summer Cohort
New Bedford, MA – Fourteen early stage businesses and nonprofits have been selected to participate in the Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) Summer Accelerator Program in New Bedford and Fall River. This cohort was evaluated by more than 40 community leaders, EforAll Mentors, industry experts, and entrepreneurs through a rigorous application review and interview process. Of the startups selected it is about a 50/50 split of products and services.
This year long program is comprised of 30% of the startups having at least one founder of color and 80% of the startups having at least one female founder. This is representative of EforAll’s mission to accelerate economic development and social impact through inclusive entrepreneurship in gateway communities. As part of the 2019 cohort, entrepreneurs will have access to expert mentorship, tailored curriculum, co-working space, and opportunities to win prize money.
The finalists are:
- Bhen Alan, Wareham – Rizal Apparel Brand – An apparel brand that promotes artistry, people’s field of interests, and social movements through the use of clothing to share these ideas and connect people.
- Jennifer Potter, South Dartmouth – BeYoutiful Collective – An inspirational apparel line created to inspire, empower and motivate everyone to BE the YOU that you want the world to see, while giving back to the community and spreading this message.
- Ayo Ngozi, New Bedford – The Creative Root – We teach people to make fun and useful botanical products through unique digital content and home-delivered DIY kits.
- Stephanie Retz, Fairhaven – Unique Organizing Solutions – Professional organizer to help you declutter your home and become more efficient at the things you need to do, so you have the time to do those things you want to do.
- Seamus & Patrick Galligan, Fairhaven – Galligan Hockey – For those with a Passion for the Game, Galligan Hockey offers camps, skill development, and consultation opportunities for players ranging in age from youth hockey through high school.
- Yvonne Ide, Somerset – Ideal Chiropractic Club – House-call chiropractor specializing in pregnant women and children to help optimize the overall function of the body.
- Cynthia Chasse, Berkley – Karma Llamas – We create one of a kind, hand made, plush, designer cuddly llamas for individuals of all ages.
- Lindsay Marzulla, New Bedford – Lindsay Marzulla Pet Photography – Provides customized portrait sessions to celebrate the bond between pets and the humans they share their lives with, and with the resulting images from those sessions, while create unique, printed works of art for their homes.
- Soraya DosSantos, South Dartmouth – Maternal Conscious Collective Movement – Bringing a movement/paradigm shift for the way in which we nurture and care for mothers through their own rebirth during and throughout the perinatal (postpartum period). I provide mama centered, spiritual and holistic based coaching services. My mission is to elevate the maternal consciousness to create and build conditions for the mother to thrive throughout the motherhood life span.
- Midori Evans, Milton – Midori Creativity – A coaching business that helps people manifest their creative visions.
- Ana Fernandes, Fall River – My Fearless Wigs – We cater to girls and women who suffer from mild to chronic hair loss conditions.
- Quinn Harris, New Bedford – Quinn Harris Illustration – I use my skills as a Freelance Illustrator to provide Commissions, Merchandise, and art for other businesses.
- Justine Crowley, Wareham – Herbal Athlete – We provide organic tea blends specialized to fuel physical performance and recovery without the use of any artificial or synthetic ingredients and chemicals.
- Brandi Marino, Swansea – Solace Healing Collaborative – My goal is to disrupt the healthcare industry with my innovative approach to the treatment of chronic pain.